Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our Birth Story...

So, I know I am a bit behind, but here we go...
I had to be at the hospital at 6am on Monday, January 24th to begin the preparations for the c-section. Needless to say, I was starving; since I couldn't have breakfast. The c-section was scheduled for 8am...and the closer it got to the time to go to the operating room, the more nervous I got. This is me waiting to go into the operating room.
Once we go into the operating room, I was given the spinal and laid out on the operating table. Once the doctor started performing the c-section, my husband was brought into the room and he sat by my head. There was a curtain up so we couldn't see anything. It wasn't long before the one of the nurses peered over the curtain and said the baby was about to make his debut. Shortly after that, we heard his first cry. Our boy was here! And we still hadn't decided on a name yet...but, at that moment it didn't matter. All that mattered was that he was here. While they were stitching me up, Dave went with the baby to the nursery where he was weighed and then they both met me in the recovery room. We decided to name him Joseph Delbert Deacon. He was 7lbs, 10ozs. And he was perfect. It wasn't long that the visitors started arriving...while I was still in the recovery room...


We were in the recovery room for about an hour...I had to wait until I had some feeling in my chest and could move my legs a little bit. I was given a private room and was very thankful for it because I was exhausted and didn't need a roommate that would keep me awake (besides the baby, of course!)!


Dave stayed for a while and then I had a nap while he went to go and get some sleep and something to eat. When he came back he brought the girls to meet their new brother. They only stayed a little while because they had to get home and have their dinner and get into bed because they had school the next day. Dave brought the girls and their older brother after school the next day too.




I only had to stay in the hospital until Wednesday afternoon. Originally, the doctor wanted me to stay until Thursday, but I was able to convince him that I was feeling good enough to go home early. The beds in the hospital are terrible and I couldn't get any sleep. In fact, they were causing me a lot of back pain and at times, I could barely walk after I got up from the bed. Needless to say, we were happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment