Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Nan Story...

At my Grandmother's funeral, my Uncle Brian told a story about my Nan that I had forgotten. I would like to pass it on now. My Grandmother grew up in England. When she was a little girl, her mother took her to Brighton Beach for the day. She played for a bit and after a while, noticed a couple of girls near her age playing near by. She went over an played with them...after all, they had a shovel AND a pail! A little while later it was time to go and my Nan liked that shovel and pail so much that she decided to take it with her. Of course, the Governess of the two little girls went over to speak with my Nanny's mother. Come to find out that my Nan had attempted to steal from the future Queen of England and her sister!!! In my Uncle Brian's words..."No wonder she emigrated to Canada!"

No comments:

Post a Comment