Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sick Kids....



So, "M"'s test results came back...She has reflux in her kidney's. Grade 1 on one side and Grade 3 on the other. That means the urine is going back up the ureter. For Grade 1 reflux it is going about half way up the ureter and for Grade 3 reflux it is going all the way into the kidney. "M" has been referred to Toronto Sick Kids Hospital and has to stay on a low dose antibiotic until they see her. From what I understand, there are couple ways they can go for treatment. They could keep her on antibiotics to prevent infections and wait and see if she will grow out of it or they can surgically repair the uteter. Part of me hopes it is the first one so that she will not have to go through surgery and part of me hopes they opt for surgery so that my baby girl will be fixed and I won't have to worry as much that she will get sick. Is that wrong? I just want her healed and better so that she can concentrate on being a little girl...

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I totally understand on both 'options'! Either way, focus on the feeling of everything turning out ok and it will.

    Blessings to you and "M".

    k XX

    ReplyDelete