Friday, August 27, 2010

It was raining...now, it's pouring....

A couple of days ago my mother in law called me at work and said that Dave's Dad was being rushed to the local hospital by ambulance...could I go with her? Of course. But, before she got to my work to pick me up, I got another call from her...you better call Dave, Del is being taken to Kingston. He had fallen in the yard when the left side of his body gave out. So Dave and I, and Lisa and Theresa headed to Kingston. After driving around for what seemed like an hour, we finally found a parking spot that was big enough for the truck. I went into the emergency department waiting room while Dave fielded a call from work outside. His Mom came out and told us some terrible news. His Dad had several tumors on the right side of his brain. They appeared to be cancerous and one of them had started bleeding. We found out later that this is what caused the stroke. We visited for a hour or so, and when it was obvious that we weren't going to get any answers that night we headed home with heavy hearts. Dave was devistated. When he finally came to bed at 2am he was still sniffling from crying all night. We got up in the morning and went to work. Dave's eyes were red and puffy and it was clear to anyone who spoke to him that he was terribly upset. I called Dave's Mom (who was already visiting Dave's Dad) to see if there where any updates before we went to see him...there were. Del had had his CAT scan and they had found a tumor in his lung that was about the size of a lemon. We are still waiting on the biopsy to confirm whether or not it is melignant. Please help us pray for good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment